The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Who do you think is the best female chocolatier you've met. Most seem to be men and I am curious who you would count amoung the top ten females out there!

As I understand it, a chocolatier is someone who makes confectionery from chocolate. Chocolatiers are distinct from chocolate makers, who create chocolate from cacao beans and other ingredients.

Rick

Views: 646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fran Bigelow has done well for herself and her patrons :)
Found her: She is the long-time owner of Fran’s Chocolates Ltd., located in Seattle and Bellevue, Washington, which also operates a large mail-order business at www.franschocolates.com

From what I've read, Fran is considered one of the finest chocolatiers in the country and makes makes European-style chocolates.
April Heaton !!

Branson Missouri, beautiful new shop, excellent chocolates. Pure artistry.

http://www.handcraftedchocolat.com/chocolatier.html
Keys Chocolates in NYC.
Mark,

Do you mean Kee from Kee's Chocolates?
Kee's amazing.
Andre, Yes, Kee from Kee's chocolates.
Oriol Balaguer in a dress?
I could be missing it here, but isn't Oriel Bal aguer a guy? Trying to restrict the conversation to the best FEMALES. But, then good chocolate is good chocolate. :)
WHAT?!?!

Note to self, take it easy on the Sangria at the next El Bulli alum party.
Well the last time I was over in Spain, I couldn't get in because the place was packed. I hear it is always packed in season. Had to make my own Sangria. So, unfortuanately, I am not an El Bulli alum.
Elizabeth Montes of Sahagun Handmade Chocolates (Portland, OR).
Good to see that a few of you recognize brilliance when you taste and see it. I for one will be happy to check out the individuals you've mentioned.

rk

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…