The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Who do you think is the best female chocolatier you've met. Most seem to be men and I am curious who you would count amoung the top ten females out there!

As I understand it, a chocolatier is someone who makes confectionery from chocolate. Chocolatiers are distinct from chocolate makers, who create chocolate from cacao beans and other ingredients.

Rick

Views: 624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YUM YUM YUM YUM
Love the video too!
Rich,

Hands down the winner is Maria Valente, Chocolations LLC, Mamaroneck NY.

Check out www.chocolations.com

Thanks

John.Rossini@travelchocolate.com
Hey, someone close by where Ilive!
Hi,

I have a question for my American friends here: what do you think Mariebelle Sweets?

A link can be found in here http://www.mariebelle.com. Do you think she could be one of topten female chocolatiers?. My European friend said: by looking at this website the chocolates look very synthetical but I understand Mariebelle's shop is one of NY attractions? What do you think?

Xinhong
Vanessa Barg of Gnosis chocolates makes really good raw chocolates.
:) thank you so much *blushes* :) but i am a chocolate maker too! we make chocolate from the raw mass - does that still count as nomination? it's a yes in my book! :)
Hi,

Is there a dedicate website for your good raw chocolates? Sorry I'm from UK I have not heard anyone who makes raw chocolates.

Regards,

Xinhong
yes! thanks so much for your interest! it's http://www.gnosischocolate.com :) we dont have any stores in the uk quite yet, but we do ship direct. let me know if you have any questions whatsoever! vanessa@gnosischocolate.com
Thanks for your reply Vanessa!

I don't have a shop in UK yet. I'm creating a website right now and it might be the starting point to sell my chocolates initially and I hope I can have a little shop soon.

A fantastic website! I must say. Having read your story and I have a question here for you.

As the 'raw' is unregulated in US how you educate people to take on your idea that eating 'raw chocolates' is healthy or 'raw chocolates' has health benefit rather than just a treat.

Thanks

Xinhong
I will add NY female chocolatier Justine Pringle of Nunu Chocolates to the list, which you can order online at Drexelius Chocolates.

A great SoCal female chocolatier is Kristy Choo of Jin Patisserie , which is in Venice.
I've keep meaning and then forgetting to try Jin... I hear almost exclusively good stuff.
I'm a comparative newcomer and have been working so much, haven't communicated much with other chocolate makers until recently. I make chocolate from Jamaican beans exclusively and started the business to feature Jamaican chocolate to get Jamaican farmers a better price for their beans. Some of my flavors are comfortable and some are very unusual. Some showcase other Jamaican products like an oval leaf chocolate bonbon filled with Busha Browne's lime pepper jelly. I have a little chocolate barrel filled with a rum raisin in curried sweet milk. I just tried one with sorrel chutney which is a very complicated pocket of flavors. Most of my chocolate bonbons are 70% cacao. Website is www.theoaklandchocolateco.com.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.