The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Just curious what is the best way people have found to melt down the cacao butter without the use of water or a microwave? 

Just looking to elongate the life of my grinders and I would rather it go in as a liquid than a solid!

Thank you so much!

Tags: Melt, best, butter, cacao, cocoa, grinder, share, stone, thank, way, More…you

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oven, lowest setting.
Right on the cooktop - don't leave it unattended though. It melts quickly. I usually remove it when about half is melted and swirl it until the rest melts.

Yep, I put mine in a saucepan and melt over a gas cooker/flame.

And this wont burn it? Just put it on the lowest setting like Adam said for in the oven? I am more or less looking for efficiency and this may be quicker? I will have to try both I suppose!

So let it melt half way then pult it off and let it finish so it doesnt burn on the lowest setting?

I let it melt 95% and pull it off. Never burnt it.
So if I am using an electric stove top and a sauce pan just the lowest setting probably?
I have mine on medium high and stir constantly. It melts quick. Just take it off when almost done.

it has a melting point of 90 degrees. you can shave the desired amount from the block so it is very thin and will melt easily.

use a double boiler or a dehydrator

That's a good point - I always chop mine before melting or use Mycryo which is in powdered form.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.