The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hi. We've been making chocolate-dipped graham crackers for awhile now, but we've recently run into a problem wherein the bottom coat separates after the entire cracker has been dipped. It doesn't happen immediately -- usually in a day or two -- and it only happens with the dark chocolate (Esprit des Alpes Garnet 63%). I've never come across this before and can't figure out why it's happening. As far as I can tell, the chocolate is properly tempered. Any suggestions on why this is occurring would be most welcome.

Thanks,

-Elena

Views: 186

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

perhaps you should try dipping the cracker at a lower temp

Thank you, John, for your suggestion, though I'm not quite sure what you mean. Lower the temperature of the chocolate? The cracker?

what

Try adding a small amount of milk chocolate to the dark you are enrobing with. The milk fats make the chocolate a bit more 'flexible' and this may solve the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, Kerry. Unfortunately, that's not an option as this is one of our vegan products, so no milk fats allowed.

Darn - perhaps an experiment with a percent or two of coconut oil to see if that would help.  

coconut milk might be better

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…