The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I found this journal or newsletter on Google books and found this section fascinating.  I provided the link and than you go down to: July-August 1953, Vol. 2 ns 43-44.  There is a section titled, "Restoring Chocolate's Old-Time Flavor".    Very similar to what I currently read about the future of fine flavored cacao. 

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tom:

I couldn't get your link to work for me. I went to Google Books and then entered "Restoring Chocolate's Old-Time Flavor" into the search box and found the text you mentioned. Here's a link that should work.

What a great find! I am looking forward to reading this.

I can't stop going through it. 

The April June 1955, edition has an article about West African cacao before Ivory Coast was a big player.  Looks like Ghana was a significant producer before the fall of Brazil in the 80's.  "The Quality of Raw Cacao and its Affects on the Manufacturer" in the same issue is another interesting read. 

Thanks for getting the correct link out there. This is very interesting reading@

Thanks for sharing Thomas.  Clay, I wonder if these two individuals, Ake Burchardt and Henning Jorgenson are still with us today?  Would be a great interview on the Heritage Radio Network!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.