The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Clay I noticed that you are selling small amounts of beans. I make chocolate at home and am interested in trying some of the origins. I was wondering if anyone else here had used them to make chocolate and what they thought about them. A little speil about what flavours to expect, heavy or light roasting, why you chose those beans to sell would be great. I can roughly gather what they would be like by experience with tasting chocolate and making using similar origins and what I have read but I want something to draw me in and get me excited about choosing one and giving it a go.

Views: 428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I am also interested in acquiring some of these beans, especially the organic raw beans as Steve has asked for. And I would also like to ask if you ship to South Africa? Many thanks.
Anthony:

It makes very little sense, economically or timewise, to get beans shipped here to the US and then ship them to South Africa. I think you're better off sourcing them from a grower in Africa.
Any chance of shipping to New Zealand? Costs etc?
Eric,
Is it possible to sample some of these? Is there somewhere on this site that we can purchase large amounts of beans? Or is that something that needs to be taken care of over the phone?
Thanks,
Robbie
Robbie,
I am a cacau farmer living in Brazil and export superior beans. When you speak of "large amounts" what does that mean? Sacks? Tons? Containers?

You can contact me direct at cacaufarmer@yahoo.com

best regards
Jim Lucas
DEAR TOM
I AM FROM GHANA WEST AFRICA AND I AM INTRESTED IN PROCESSING OF COCOA ON A LARGE SCALE BASIS AND I HAVE [POSTED ON THE FORUM LOOKING FOR INVESTORS .BY THE WAY I READ YOUR POST AND I WILL BE INTRESTED TO KNOW HOW YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SHOW ME THE TYPE OF EQUIPMENT ONE WILL NEED TO MAKE NON COMMERCIAL HOME CHOCOLATE AT HOME I WILL APPRECIATE ANY ASSISTANCE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE TO ME
Check out www.chocolatealchemy.com it has all the info there on grinders etc.
I use a Ultra Pride +. I saw one on the Biong Biong Video for TCHO. It works well. I like it for its size. You can take to to demonstrations and let people dip into it for a sample of the chocolate liquor.

One thing though, adding organic sugar causes a lot of sugar bloom. I'm not sure if the grinder is really that good at disbursing the moisture content in organic sugar. Something to pay attention too for sure.
Hi Eric,
I am still interested in purchasing cacao from you, if you have any interest?
Steve
I think I misunderstood the request. When you said Hi Eric, did you mean me Paul?
I was actually replying to Eric's post. Sorry for any confusion!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.