The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find it.

I'm looking for some sources to create custom chocolate molds. I've done several with a company overseas which has been great -- I send them a jpg file, and then send back some digital treatments, and when it's finalized they make 50 molds and ship them to me.

The process takes only a few weeks, and works well and is reasonably priced, but I'd like to work with a US company if possible.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Views: 1158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Tomric in Buffalo.

Just out of curiosity - is the overseas company you are using making you polycarbonate molds or thermoformed?
Just simple thermoformed plastic. I'll check out Tomric -- love their catalog molds.
There is the Chicago School of Mold Making (chicagomoldschool.com). They have a section on their site about custom work, although it is mostly silicone molds.
Hey there Brian! I use this stuff to help with odd jobs. Knead-a-mold.

I have had to use it for sculpture pieces and also if a customer wants a certain form made into chocolate. Last I used it for sculpting a chocolate hippo for someone...they had the shape they wanted, a small wooden carved hippo and then I made a 3-D mold from that form. It is so easy to use! It is a good thing to have on hand.
Also, I know someone who has a vac-u-form machine and can make plastic molds from shapes. Let me know if you need their contact info! Both of these sources are in Chattanooga, TN...where I am from. If the link doesn't work for knead-a-mold...you can look it up at www.townsendatelier.com

I have a website that is all about how to make custom chocolate molds if you want to learn more about how to do it yourself.  See http://www.thechocolatemoldfactory.com/Make_Custom_Molds.html

Tomric, Micelli Mold co both do custom

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…