The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

THIS TRIP HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL 2012.

Discover Chocolate in the Dominican Republic is for chocolate professionals and serious chocophiles with a passion for chocolate who want to experience cacao first hand: to see cacao pods growing on the tree, taste fresh cacao pulp, see and smell fermentation and drying ... in short, to gain a comprehensive understanding of the magical and complex process of growing, harvesting, and processing wet cacao into the dried cocoa beans used to make chocolate.

Price
$1850 p/p single occupancy
$1599 p/p double occupancy

There is a 12 person minimum required to make the trip, 15 people maximum.

Early-Bird Pricing
Paid in full by March 30, 2011
$1650 p/p single occupancy
$1399 p/p double occupancy 

Referral Discount/Commission
$50 discount/commission (single rooms only)

The price includes:
All breakfasts, most lunches, and all dinners specifically mentioned. Transportation via private charter coach. Accommodation. Souvenir beach towel. Two group tasting sessions.

NOT included in the price:
R/T airfare to Santo Domingo. Arrival and departure taxes. Airport transfers. Meals not specifically included. Tips at hotels. Your bar bills. Personal expenses (e.g., souvenirs).

To make Reservations and Payment

Send a message to Clay Gordon.

Views: 1356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmm,I mean,if you can do the business directly,as an exporter,not by the middle man?

Emilio -

This is not the best place to have this particular discussion but as there are replies I will make mine here.

The main challenge you face is the quantity of production. 1MT is not very much. What I am afraid is is that the cost to find other buyers for the beans be more than the increased price he can get on such a small quantity.

For example, while you may find buyers for the beans (especially if they are unusual genetics or of unusually high quality or both), the export costs are going to be extremely high, and your father is going to need to get export licenses. This does not include the costs (and time) associated with marketing the beans.

It may make more sense for you father to do something with the beans (turn it into a finished product) and sell that than selling the beans themselves. If he's only getting 50kg/Ha of dried beans he's probably growing other things that could be combined with the cocoa/chocolate in a unique way that can bring in more money.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.