The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I tried to bring this older thread back to life, but was unable to.  I've had a heck of a time finding a paper supplier.  My search queries must just be off, most people don't talk about custom paper spindles or cases-- and the person mentioned in the old thread I can't find hide nor hair of.

I'd like to stop ordering what I consider parchment paper on a 6" spool from Canada to the Carolina's. The freight and distance make it unreasonable on cost. (Enro2 Perfect owner here)

Anyone have some further ideas on where to source spools for their enrober?

Tags: enro2, enrober, paper, parchment, perfect, spindle, spool

Views: 270

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andy, I had my paper guy source it from Seattle. They needed to know the spool type so I took a photo and showed them. They sent (at no charge) 6 rolls as a test. The paper was a little too shiny and thin. They said they can do other papers if I send in a sample. The cost was a bit cheaper, but you had to order like 30 rolls at a time. If several of us got together, it would be doable. I know 5 people just bought Perfects and might be interested in a group buy of paper. 

Wow, 30 rolls? Goodness. I'm cutting through 1 every 2 months currently.

When you say your paper guy, who are these paper people? I'm at a loss for who to even look up locally, even if they source it far out.  I feel though if I'm sourcing it from Seattle that's just as far as Canada at this point.  Each state has paper producers, this shouldn't be rocket science to get on a local level you'd think.

Definitely a group buy consideration, spending $1500 +/- for a 3 year supply seems a bit extraneous. hehe. Like to continue to look local first though.

Any paper salesman for print shops etc. can get to a supplier. They just get it on large rolls and cut it down and rewind it. That is why they need the large numbers. When I found out the amount needed, I too thought I would just keep buying from Canada. I go through about the same amount as you. When I bought the machine, I had them fill up the extra space in the crate with rolls. 

Nice.  I wonder if I found a roll of something too large I could get them to cut it down to size for a nominal charge instead of having them source a large amount.  I'll do some further research and report my findings, and if I come back to square one, well we'll be having a large paper buy soon hehe!

I just remembered--they are called paper converters.

Here are three in NC

1. Case Paper
Charlotte, NC 
800-438-2189 
George Thornton,  Manager
  2. Henley Paper Co.
613 Prospect St
High Point, NC 27260
336-887-2637 
Equipment: slitters/rewinders
  3. Triangle Converting Corp.
2021 S Briggs Av
Durham, NC 27703
919-596-6656 
Equipment: slitters/rewinders/sheeters

Andy-

What's the size of the rolls?  Tomric Systems (www.tomric.com) sells a 20 cm roll designed for the Selmi equipment but should work on any appropriately sized enrobber.

Brian Donaghy

20 cm is about 7.8 in, which is about 1.8in too large.  These are 6" wide (15cm).

Nothing's ever easy, hehe.

Hi Andy,

i'm having the same issue here in SA but i know few factories that produce papers.

My enrober is arriving any time soon from Italy, but then the problem starts with the paper...

Could you please let me know what are the paper specs in general for enrobers?

Thanks in advance

Nino

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge