The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I am heading to my first Fancy Food show next week. I've been perusing the exhibitor list and I'm hoping that the 2 days of attendance I've booked will be enough! Does anybody have tips, suggestions, etc. to help me use the days effectively?

I couldn't resist and signed up for one of the educational events - the chocoholics tour of San Francisco. I recognize one Chocolate Life member who we will be visiting on the tour - Christine Doerr of Neo Cocoa. Looking forward to meeting you Christine!

I'll also be attending the Fine Chocolate Industry Association winter event on Sat. evening - also taking place in San Francisco. Clay will be part of a panel discussion on the health benefits of chocolate. Should be great fun!
Anyone else plan on attending?

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll be there, but you already know that ;)

Shelley
I am going, too! I will be at the FCIA thing on Saturday and FFS on Sunday. Look forward to meeting you and surveying the Bay area chocolate scene.
Sarah, it will be great to meet you!
I went last year and had a great time. My advice--wear comfortable clothes and very comfortable shoes. Map out your path before hand and don't waste time on booths that clearly aren't in your interest. There isn't time to visit everything, so be picky. At the same time, be open to explore if something turns up. While there, I got to meet Drew Shotts and Norman Love. Make time to go to the Farmers Market Saturday morning at the Ferry Building. Fun, fun, fun. Recchiuti's is in the Ferry building. You will have a good time.
Wonderful advice. Thanks Ruth. And ditto what Shelley said - looking forward to meeting you Sarah!
I am excited and look forward to meeting you all as well.
Hi Lana (and others). I'll be on the tour on Saturday as well, and am attending several other education sessions and the show itself. I'll watch for you and be sure to say hello. --Robyn
Hey Robyn, I'll look for you too!
The "Chocoholics" tour should be fun! I was trying to figure out a way to go on the tour myself ;p

Did you know that fellow Chocolate Life member, Jade Chocolates and myself are hosting a networking dinner on Friday night with Clay as the guest of honor? Let me know if you'd like me info.

Looking forward to meeting Chocolate Lifers!
Christine
Hi Christine,
Too funny about trying to go on the tour yourself! :)
The networking dinner sounds interesting. I would love more details. My flight gets in at around 4 on Fri. I've never been to San Francisco so I don't know how long it will take me to get to my hotel etc. (not to mention getting out of customs!!). But I'm sure dinner will be a long affair when you get a bunch of chocolatiers chatting!
I'll be at the networking dinner, so I will look for all of you there, too!
Location: Poleng Lounge, 1751 Fulton St. San Francisco, CA 94117
When: Friday, January 15, 6:15 - 10:00PM
Cost: $50 per person

Come join us for a fabulous night of great food and company at The Poleng Lounge's Temple Room with Clay Gordon as our special guest. Clay will be presenting a photo travelogue of his recent jouney to Bolivia and the Hacienda Tranquilidad, where the beans for Felchin's Cru Sauvage is sourced.

After Clay's presentation, we'll all enjoy an impressive 11 course family-style dining with bottomless fountain drinks and tea.

Don't miss this opportunity to connect and network with other members in the industry in a fun and relaxing environment before the start of the Fancy Food Show.

Please RSVP by Tuesday, January 12th, 2009.

If you're interested in attending, email me your direct email address and I'll send you the Evite.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service