The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I am heading to my first Fancy Food show next week. I've been perusing the exhibitor list and I'm hoping that the 2 days of attendance I've booked will be enough! Does anybody have tips, suggestions, etc. to help me use the days effectively?

I couldn't resist and signed up for one of the educational events - the chocoholics tour of San Francisco. I recognize one Chocolate Life member who we will be visiting on the tour - Christine Doerr of Neo Cocoa. Looking forward to meeting you Christine!

I'll also be attending the Fine Chocolate Industry Association winter event on Sat. evening - also taking place in San Francisco. Clay will be part of a panel discussion on the health benefits of chocolate. Should be great fun!
Anyone else plan on attending?

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just got back from the Fancy Food show today. I'm still on a high! Wow! And by the way, lots of samples made it home with me ;)
The chocolaholics tour was great fun. Boy, SF has some wonderful chocolatiers. Christine Doerr (NeoCocoa) not only makes amazing truffles but she is as cute as a button! - Hi Christine! Kathy Wiley (Poco Dolce) is also fabulous - salt of the earth (no pun intended - her sea salt topped tile is her signature piece!) We also spent time with Michael Recchiuti in his kitchen. He is very generous with his knowledge. I don't think that guy has any secrets. We also got the tour of TCHO - that was amazing to see. I wish it would have been in operation at the time - and we had a taste testing at Fog City News. Adam Smith and his employees are a wealth of knowledge and so welcoming!
The Fine Chocolate Industry Association event was also a success. The panel discussion was on chocolate health benefits (the panel included Clay Gordon). I thought it was very insightful - I wasn't really expecting that. I got a lot out of it.
Looking forward to next year!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…