The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hello chocolate community. I am going to be purchasing bulk fermented cacao beans for my chocolate business. I have been buying the butter and powder separate, but it is not cost effective as my company grows.  If I were to buy the fermented bean what exactly would I need for equipment?  I would not be roasting them, we are selling "raw" chocolate- what I know is really fermented chocolate.  Thank you for any advice here!

We temper the chocolate, pour into molds, and let harden.   I am needing to know what equipment is needed for the bean-bar process.

Views: 1346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is that gob of yellow slimey mass they lipo out of peoples bodies?  Is that fat?  No.  It is blocking the lymphatic system from drainage, it is not stored in lymph nodes.  I recommend you read Parasite Rex and humble yourself.  It seems you are pretty gullible to mainstream opinions.  The main point anyhow was that you called chocolate unhealthy, and I was only correcting you by saying that the way it is modernly prepared by most of you folks is unhealthy - mass produced beans and refined white sugar.  Wild growing, ground with stones, honey sweetened cacao beverages, xocolatl, is healthful.  There is a reason why the emperor Moctezuma II of the entire Aztec empire kept his storehouses stocked with cacao beans when they could have easily been stocked with gold!  I recommend you read some books about cacao and it's history so you can know a little bit about the plant you make your living from.  Peace.

I only recently heard my first explanation of how  raw chocolate is made without posing contamination risks that actually seemed "logical/possible". It seems that the raw community(at least in Israel) prefer unfermented, dehydrated cacao.

The beans are harvested/ washed and dried immediately- at least that is the claim.  I've tasted Sanchez cacao from DR that wasn't fermented- didn't care for it but was told its used for butter. They get packaged in the country and then shipped. I guess that without fermentation, it's possible to hygenically possible to process, as now there are several manufacturers offering (I've seen one in Peru, and Costa Rica).

I would like to know what if any difference there is nutritionally.

Washed and dried with what?  Water?  Is the water purified?  Is the handling facility purified/sanitized?

Contamination of cocoa is the result of cross contamination from other sources - sources such as contaminated water, exposure to animals, contaminated storage facilities, and many others.   From what I understand, the fermentation of cocoa does not cultivate salmonella or ecoli.

I'm still not convinced that it's safe.

The mechanical grinding pocess to refine chocolate can destroy enzymes and proteins. Shearing force alone is enough. I posted the ref once before but it was lost when a raw food hippy took their post off, i will dig up the ref again when i have time at work.

it seems like some of you guys have gotten into this argument before and are sounding defensive about whether or not chocolate is healthy.  just to be clear, I want to say that my experience is that chocolate which is made from organic, shade-grown beans, fermented & dried, lightly roasted & peeled or winnowed, and ground with stones (not necessarily mechanically) is the healthy kind.  maybe sweetened with a little bit of honey or maple or similar whole food sweetener.  otherwise i agree with you and think that it is just candy.

i think that word 'raw' just sounds too magical for people and calling some product 'raw' like 'raw chocolate' they want to make the product more 'magical' that it already is. what they probably really mean with 'raw' is 'natural'. meaning that the product or chocolate is pure and clean natural product. :)

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.