The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I am new here and hope this question doesn't seem silly, impertinent, or over-stepping a boundary. I am looking to expand my chocolate usage into higher quality grades and wondered if anyone would share their favorite type/brand of chocolate and confection flavor. For example if I were to try a Valrona dark chocolate, what filling/ganache flavor would work best? I started my chocolate endeavors several years ago using coatings, have moved on to at least real chocolate, but was just introduced to good chocolate. In love at last!

Tags: Flavors, brands, chocolate, favorites

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like all types of chocolate, but the centres do need to be matched to the shell/coating. Red fruits go well with dark chocolate, nut pralines go well with milk, citrus fruits with dark and so on. In your suggested example, a Valrhona dark chocolate, like Manjari, would go well with a raspberry ganache in my opinion - but then again, taste is pretty personal so you should always make what you like (or the customers if you're selling) :-)
I like just the flavor of the chocolate to shine. Manjari, Alpaco, Guanaja and Tainori each have distinctive flavor profiles. You have to taste them and decide what works best.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.