The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I'm inspired to have an airbrush in my chocolate design tool kit. My concern is oil or moisture, from the compressor, will compromise food safety. High quality traps will remove the majority of bacteria breeding environments but a system that generates 'pure air' pushes way past my budget.

Does anyone have more information on the standard systems used for airbrushing chocolates or the health risks involved in using compressors? 

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did quite a bit of research on this topic before I purchased a compressor.  It is my understanding that the moisture doesn't pose a health threat - rather the introduction of moisture into the chocolate causes issues of thickening.  You mentioned airbrush... airbrush compressors are usually oil free so you don't have to worry about that.  If you are wanting to use a spray gun (which requires a larger compressor), then you absolutely need to make sure it is an oil free compressor. 

Have fun airbrusing!

I'd say the health risks are more significant to the person airbrushing - coloured fat aerosolized and being inhaled is likely not safe.  I wear a mask appropriate for those particles when airbrushing.
yes i am with kerry on this one i work with an airbrush 2-3 days a week when working with it i am in a spray both with a extraction fan & i  wear a face mask.  i have a very big compressor  and i do release the moisture that come from the air  out of the air lines once  every few days

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.