The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I am using  a new X3210 I bought to temper milk chocolate and make bars - with not great success. The chocolate never came out perfectly tempered. I started with about 4 lbs of chocolate (and believe I followed instructions to the T).

The first batch came out better than the rest, although there were some streaks. I used the same chocolate, and left it rotating at the "tempered" temperature before I could free up my molds to make another batch and then another. The second batch was the worst - very streaky - almost looked like bloom. The third batch had sugar bloom on it but looked better than the second.

Not sure what I could have done wrong. They wouldn't harden right away (temperature of the room was probably about 70 degrees) so I did put them in the fridge briefly - a few minutes - to harden.

I read varying accounts about the difficulty of tempering - some people say, once you have the technique down, even hand-tempering is a snap. Some people say it's such a delicate process that you my never get it right.

Any thoughts on basic mistakes I may be making?

Thanks much!

Geetha

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out the temp probe on the baffle.  Make sure it is ALWAYS in chocolate.

joe crevino

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…