The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Looking for Good Sources of Certified Organic Cacao Beans

I am looking for new, good and reputable sources of certified organic cacao beans. Is there anybody on this forum in the business of selling beans/nibs/butter to chocolatiers? Perhaps a directory of farmers or importers exists? Any help would be much appreciated!

Tags: cacao, sourcing

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Currently looking for Cacao from Madagascar, Venezuela, and Peru.  If anybody has any leads on good sources, please let me know.

Steve,

Check out Cepicafe for Peruvian beans. Quality is excellent - just about to get some myself - and they are certified Fairtrade and organic I believe. If you need a contact let me know and I will send you the details.

Duffy

Hi Duffy

Currently looking for a supplier of Peruvian beans too, much appreciate if you could send me contact details.

Kate

Hi Kate,

Try Santiago Paz at santiagonorandinoatyahoo.es - that is who I have been dealing with. I've just ordered 500kg from them as the test samples they sent were very interesting.

Regards,

Duffy

Brilliant will do, many thanks

Kate

Thanks Duffy!

Steve

I have some organic, fair trade here in the states.  Not a whole lot left.  Only about 2MT

Hi Steve,

We grow NOP Organic Certified Cocoa in Madagascar and supply most of the top quality chocolate makers in Europe and in the US. Please feel free to contact me for more information. We keep an inventory in the US and have no problem in delivering small quantities. Kindest regards, Bertil

Hi Bertil,

Thanks for this prospect.  I would like to purchase a small sample from you if possible.

Best,

Steve

Greetings from Ecuador I commented that caught my attention from your message, I'm working directly with groups of certified organic, my question is whether this butter, cocoa nibs and the need to type Raw grains, how many tons and we present our Arriba criollo cacao is 100% mountains from our work is integral scheme we are developing other projects with the peanut butter. with a group of producers but we are in the process of organic certification, if you're interested in having more information can write me at my email we understand the hecdave123@yahoo.com am open to what you want a fraternal greeting and success.

hi from peru steve.   i agree with duffy cepicafe has good quality.  i'm in tingo maria right now and the naranjillo coop has organic and fair trade cert.  to the north in tarapoto acopagro has cert i believe.  and there is probably someone with organic cert in the cusco growing area.   most of the beans from naranjillo and acopagro are ccn-51 with some other stuff mixed in.  piura has better genetics, cusco i'm not sure.

what volume are you looking for?

quality specs? (fermentation level, etc), do you care about genetics?

any other specs?

all fermented and sun dried beans in peru will have gone over 50C in  post-harvest, if thats a dq then peru will not be for you.  many of the large coops buy beans at 9-12% humidity and finsh drying in a gas dryer, which may affect you as a raw producer. i know most of the people in the industry here if you want to talk to any of them let me know i can connect you, directly or through appcacao or the ag ministry.

saludos

brian

Hi Brian,

We are looking for about 200KG, 90% fermented.

We are most interested in nibs.   The 50C is not necessarily a deal killer.  We would need to inspect a sample.

If you could connect me to a good contact, I would greatly appreciate it!

Best,
Steve

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge