The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Looking for Good Sources of Certified Organic Cacao Beans

I am looking for new, good and reputable sources of certified organic cacao beans. Is there anybody on this forum in the business of selling beans/nibs/butter to chocolatiers? Perhaps a directory of farmers or importers exists? Any help would be much appreciated!

Tags: cacao, sourcing

Views: 935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sacred Steve,

my family is in the business of growing organic cacao from the Dominican Republic.  My grandfather's farm makes use of only nature's environment to grow the cacao.  Meaning, that the maintenance done on the farm is strictly natural and makes NO use of chemicals or synthetics.  I am working on modernizing our business practices as well and will be making a move to the Dominican Republic soon to help with the business.  If you'd like, send me a  message and we can discuss possible solutions.  Maybe we can help each other in the process.  Thank you. 

Hi Edwin,

I would love to try a sample of your beans/nibs.  Are they certified organic?

Best,

Steve

Hey.  I sell several varieties of organic beans.  Peru, madagascar, ecuador, dominican republic.  I was out of the game for quite a while due to divorce and several other things but am up and running again.

Hi Eric,

Glad to hear you are back.  I am still dealing with the aftermath of a divorce myself.

Would love to sample your cert. organic nibs if you have any?  I love the stuff from madagascar.

Best,
Steve

Dear Steve,

We have irrigated cacao plantations in the south of Bahia (Brazil) where we produce high quality cocoa. We mechanized all the process and we are expecing to have +/- 300 MT this year and 500 MT in 2012.
Please find more information, pictures and video on our website.

If interested, please contact me by email on ogonovszky@gmail.com

NB: We don't have an organic certification

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge