Pretzel as everyone knows is a kind of bread prepared from flour, shaped as a knot appear like praying hands and are looped into one another. It is made with the long strip of dough flavored with vanilla, and then twisted into the loop shape, usually sugared, glazed or sprinkled with seeds after baking. In some places this also has a religious significance, so let us see how we can bake a recipe with these.
- 3-1/4- cups of small salted pretzels
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 100 gm. Unsalted butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- We bake them in oven, so preheat the oven at 325 degrees F, use a tart pan and its bottom should be removable. Use cooking spray.
- Pulse the half of pretzels until powdery, in a food processor. Measure ½ cup of these powdered pretzels and put them in a bowl. Add baking powder and flour to this and stir.
- Now in the food processor churn the remaining pretzels coarsely, place them aside
- Beat butter and sugar till fluffy similarly mix egg yolk and vanilla extract too, and finally add the coarse pieces of pretzel to the liquid of egg yolk, also the flour mixed pretzels to it.
- Pretzels with flour are formed into dough, so place the dough in the pan and press it evenly, after that place ½ cup of pretzels on the dough. Bake this until brown, after baking, remove the shortbread from the pan after one hour, until then let it cool on the wire rack.
- Cut the short bread into ½ inch rectangular pieces.
- Your pretzels should be consumed in two days since they taste stale.
One can dip these in melted chocolate or make any variation you desire, however, these are sweet and salty to taste, and fun as a snack for the family.