The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I AM tempering hawaiian CRIOLLO cacao that i winnowed / ground / melanged and ultimately tried tempering ...

the original cacao liquor was runnier than i have experienced with bali or s. american cacao varieties ...  can anyONE with experience in using the different variety of beans interpret why I AM not acheiving the same tempering experience with pure CRIOLLO beans as I AM with a mixture?

is there LESS CACAO BUTTER content in the CRIOLLO variety? 

it would seem that i would have to add a tremendous amount of cacao butter to the cacao solid ( 28% BUTTER / 46% SOLIDS) in order for this to temper...

i have added (17% BUTTER / 53% SOLIDS) already to no avail.

this cacao liquor presents itself as looking milk chocolatey as opposed to the dark chocolatey texture/color I AM used to.

any advise on how to acheive proper temper with this bean variety?

this is also my very first batch with pure turbinado CANE SUGAR (cacao bean/cacao butter/cane sugar <> that is it!) as I AM used to xylitol and maple syrup crystals so if this can make a difference, can anyONE please explain?

in LOVE and LIGHT I AM ... 

Tags: butter, cacao, cane, criollo, hawaiian, sugar, tempering, turbinado

Views: 317

Replies to This Discussion

excellent sounding frank ... i have BEen breaking it up and mixing it with organic SUMATRAN coffee bean (crushed) and it has BEen ever so popular with the locals :)

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.