The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I am trying to get together a cost estimate for starting a small chocolate making business. Nothing too fancy - basic dark and milk chocolates in low volumes for starters.

I am located in South Africa and am attending a chocolate making course in June, after which I am hoping to start a chocolaterie.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Landia

Tags: business, chocolate, chocolaterie, cost, costs, making, set, start, starting, up

Views: 8544

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Landia,

I wish you all the best for your business prospects. I remember the initial days of my farther 10 years ago who started to make chocolates as a hobby. We have now expanded the idea 10 fold, and have become regular suppliers for a host of chocolate related products (molds, machines, transfer sheets etc. etc.)

We now act as regular suppliers for molds for a number of independent business persons in Europe, UK and have also had previous experience of dealing with a few clients in Africa.

When you have a spare minute or two, please have a look at our website: http://www.ipfco.com
You will find a lot of information there. I am sure we can be of much assistance.

Thanks and best wishes.
I would also take into account the weather in South Africa and find a space you can control the temperature year-round.
Make sure that you watch the humidity level as well. It can ruin a good days production if there is too much water in the air.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.