The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a source for small quantities (less than 10 pounds) of raw cocoa beans. 

So far the only place I found any is Chocolate Alchemy.  Does any one know of another place that is fair priced?

Thanks!

Views: 2373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roger:

There are many sources for cocoa beans. One I recommend is a new sponsor of TheChocolateLife - Meridian Cacao.

:: Clay

Thanks Clay, any others you can recommend? I would like to have several in my "arsenal", to get a variety of beans to choose from.

Are Meridian Cacao's beans organic (if not certified, do they use pesticides, etc?). Also, are there discounts for TheChocolateLife members?

Hey, i can get you the 10 pounds of cocoa beans from Uganda ( East Africa) for 14 dollars. Stephen Sembuya

Hi Roger

I have a supplier of small quantities of cocoa beans based in the UK. Contact me if of interest.

Hi

I am interested in buying small quantities of cocoa beans in the uk
Please advice me

Regards
Mariana

Hi Mariana

Contact MaCoco on info@macoco.co.uk. for cocoa beans available from the UK

regards

You can also contact Tom Sharkey in Hawaii- Direct from the farmer.  He does small orders.

(808) 895-6600

tshark@hawaii.rr.com

We have trinitarian cacao beans from Costa Rica :) you can contact me at daniela@chocolate-nahua.com if you're interested! 

Thank you all for your help!

Imho, I would suggest that the mods make a new category specifically for those of us looking for beans to buy or sell.  It would make these transactions a bit easier for all.

Roger:

Interesting idea ... and one that I will think about some more if/as people chime in on this.

A generic "Where to Buy" category makes sense to me in a general discussion area.

There is a whole Classifieds section where an "I want to buy/sell cocoa beans" makes a lot of sense and it would be highly specific. I could close this discussion and point to one there.

A "Where to Buy Cocoa Beans" in the main discussion are seems redundant to me.

Anyone have any strong opinions one way or the other?

It is of interest to me - buying small lots of cocoa beans. I saved this thread for future reference, but having it in one spot that makes more sense would be good.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service