The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hi every one we are a small farm in southern Philippines who are very much interested in purchasing small scale processing equipments for making chocolates any body interested in supplying us?

Views: 4045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mohiddin:

1000 MT of beans will result in something around 750-800 MT of liquor which will then be pressed into butter and powder. That means processing something like 3.4-3.6 MT of liquor per day (assuming 220 working days per year).

This is industrial-scale production and cannot be done (let alone be done cost effectively) using small scale equipment. I would be really surprised if you could purchase the equipment for less than US$500,000 before shipping, import duties, and installation costs. It might be closer to US$1 million. You might be able to save money by buying used equipment, but I would be extremely careful about making sure that everything actually worked. I have heard too many horror stories.

As much as anything, this is a materials-handling problem. Storing, cleaning, and moving around that quantity of beans, liquor, butter, press cake, and powder is non-trivial. You are going to want professional assistance from a company that specializes in producing equipment that operates at this scale.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.