The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

My nearly new Ultra Grind + (wet grinder) like the Santha , is just about worn out after 8 months of abuse. When I started this hobby "from the bean" I really didn't know about keeping the cocoa mass warm, pre-ginding sugar in a food processor, adding a little extra cocoa butter to make the conching process easier on the machine. My bad.

Worst of all, I let friends talk me into making milk chocolate and just dumped the dry milk in the chocolate all at once.

Now I need to buy a new machine and like the Ultra Grind + pretty well. Does anyone have any other suggestions on preference of machines like this? Is there anything just a little bigger or more powerful? Any machine with extra options that might make it last longer? without getting over $1000 in cost?

I'm using 110 volt. I do batch sizes of 5 to ten lbs of beans. I'd like to use more organic, and unrefined cane sugar but I know that may be harder on the machine than refined white table sugar.
I've got to buy an new machine pretty quick as I'm in the middle of a batch.

Thanks

Frank

Tags: conching?, equipment, machines, table, top

Views: 9784

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,

We wish you a Very Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful New Year!

I need a favor. Does anybody have a video of the Ultra grinding the cocoa nibs into chocolate? We are exhibiting the Ultra melanger and the Grindeur models in the Fine Chocolate Industry Association meeting in San Francisco on 1/16/10. We thought it will be nice to show the video in the background. We will give credit to the company or the person providing the video. Can anybody help?

Do any of you have our bigger commercial size ECGC Grindeurs and can supply the video?

Thanks!
Andal Balu, Cocoatown.com

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.