The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hi I'm new here,hope to get more knowledge about chocolates. Have a question, I have a bulk order to complete,was wondering if can I temper the chocolate in advance & store it? Say a week advance...is that possible, pls help? Tks.

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Just keep in mind that you will need to re-temper every time you want to start over - I don't know how not to re-temper once the chocolate hardens."

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but this has worked well for me:
Basically your tempered chocolate is a seed, so you take your tempered chocolate and break it up into small pieces. Put about 2/3 into a bowl and heat it up to the melt point (I use the oven), it's different with every chocolate but usually around 90ish, keeping it from all melting completely, you want to keep some of the solid chocolate. Then stir, stir, stir (listen to Brad on this) until it is all evenly melted, just don't let it get too hot. I keep the 1/3 'seed' in case it gets slightly hotter than the target temp. and starts to un-temper. I do all my tempering by hand, so I guess this is sort of a tempering re-melt?
I am a little confused though, I've never used a melter, but I thought this is what they did? If not, what's the point of not just buying a tempering machine?

Kiran~
If you are going to be molding up solid chocolates I have to agree with the others, it seems a lot less time consuming to just temper and mold than to re-melt.
Got it, appreciate all the advise & help guys :)
Hi folks,
I need some guidance. I have a strange blooming problem with some bean to bar chocolate that I have made in small batches. The chocolate is tempered but blooms in layers. How can I correct this problem?

Paul
Your chocolate has uneven temperatures in it as it's molded.

Stir, Stir, Stir.

Then when you think you've stirred enough, stir some more, and mold immediately.

That should solve your problems.

Let us know how it turns out!

Brad.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc