The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Sorry, me again. I was wondering if there is a industry standard on wastage as far as the chocolate goes. I mean the whole tempering and dipping. How much chocolate is wasted that you cannot use again. I mean sticking to bowls and utensils and such.

Of course I need it to make my sums with the real chocolate that is more expensive than the coating I have been using. This is making the product a lot more expensive and I have to bring it to the attention of the client wanting it.

I will, of course, not say it as bluntly, the price will simply have to go up1

Thanks

Magriet

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are talking about wastage from melting chocolate, tempering it and then making confections - there should be barely any (any chocolate you throw away is profits being thrown away). Scrape all the bowls/utensils clean and then hit them with a heat gun to melt/scrape off the last bits. Add the chocolate scraps back into the melting tank for the next day. If you find a little dark/white/milk has mixed together, it can go back into a melting tank with milk chocolate or be used in centres for your next batch.
Thanks Gap, I will simply have to learn how to be less messy and better organized with my utensils. I have to be honest, I did not even think about melting it off of the utensils back into the other chocolate.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service