The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Okay, I am neither Jack Nicholson for Morgan Freeman and I don't have a note from a doctor saying my time on earth is coming to an end anytime soon.

I have done a lot in the last 17 years that I've been involved with the wonderful world of chocolate - traveled to about a dozen countries (not nearly enough), met a lot of people (but not all of them), ate A LOT of chocolate (some bad, but most good). And every time I turn around, there's some new place or person to visit and some new chocolate to try.

I definitely want to visit Bali, never been there, and I have always loved the chocolate made from the beans that come from Java, Surabaya, and elsewhere in the region. I have some good friends there and know a top pastry chef at a top hotel so I know I can eat and sleep well in addition to roughing it in the countryside.

But what about you? What's on your Chocolate Bucket (not Charlie Bucket) List?

Tags: bucket list

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to try the fruit of a cocao pod -- the white squishy stuff.
Well...there are so many things I want to do!  Places to go, things to make, Chocolatiers to meet...  But...the dorky side of me cant wait to visit the Chocolate amusement park in Amsterdam...if it ever opens!   :)

1) Savour the Salon du Chocolat in Paris

2) Visit a cocoa plantation

3) Expose the psychopathic nature of the Multinational Chocolate Corporations.

Think that Chocolate Museum in Peru is a good excuse to finally see Machu Pichu as well.
Volunteer to work in a cocoa plantation. Being part of the tree to bar process. And of course, eating the white squishy stuff.
I can mark off volunteering on a cocoa plantation, will go to the Amazon this June at the Kallari co-op!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service