The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hi Everyone I am Balpreet Singh from Kreative Chocolates, Chandigarh, India . We are a professional chocolatier and working since 2009.

This discussion is for all those home chocolate makers as now food licensing department will be penalizing all those who are working from home and don't have food license from Feburary 2014.

So beware before selling your product to retailers without having food license. For any queries you can post here and i will be helping you with your questions.

Tags: chocolate, food, india, license

Views: 150

Replies to This Discussion

I read about this Balpreet but I think that's not for Chocolatiers. 

Can you guide us a lil bit more.

Hi gagandeep food license is for all those who are related to food and chocolate comes under confectionery category and if you are selling it in retail it must have the following;:
Batch no., Packaging date, expiry date, M.R.P and net weight

How do we get the license?

One more thing according to the new food act of 2011 food lisence will notbe given to any mmanufacturer based in residential place.

Thanks Balpreet for bringing this up, infact i was going to make a post here.

I am glad that you did.

The last date mentioned by FSSAI for acquiring the license is 4th February 2014.

Every food manufacturer and service provider has been asked to get it compulsorily.

For getting a food license you need to go to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/ and sign up and then apply for the license and there is a fee for that that need to be deposited either by treasury challan or D.D. You can choose for how long you want the license i.e 1year  to 5 years fees increases as years accordingly and you need to submit all the documents to your nearest food licensing branch located in your city.

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.