The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Trees from India

Views: 173

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

The images are awesome, but they are totally Greek for me, since I started manufacturing home-made chocolates just a few months ago, using compound slabs for the job.

Hi Ramya,

They look lovely... Where are these trees located?

Also, how is their pH level? How long is their roast? I remember meeting a food-scientist who was told me that some beans don't need roasting altogether. How do you rate Indian beans? I'm presuming that you're experienced with a variety of beans.

Cheers,

Div

Halo DIV,

These Trees are from eastern coatal area of India. Forastro, like usual asian beans acidic , fruity, Ph- 4, 4.5. need a pronounced roast.  not great.  I am working to improve quality and experimenting with different methods of fermentation.        regards,

Anish 

Thanks for that Anish,

I've been planning on travelling around the country and learn a bit more about Indian beans..

I'd love to get in touch with you sometime, and perhaps organise an event for other chocolatiers too. 

You mentioned that you're working to improve bean quality and experimenting with fermentation techniques.. Are you a agriculturist or scientist ?  or just an enthusiast? or a chocolatier? 

As for me, i've just returned from Australia, and am exploring the chocolate market in India. I've noticed that the market is not a developed one, and most chocolatiers are, dare i say, recycling compound chocolate. Whats your opinion on that?

Cheers,

Div

Div,

You are absolutely correct. Most chocolatiers use compound chocolates. Hence, you were not off the mark when you used the term `recycling.'

Cheers & Sunshine,

Sanjay

Div, your assumption about Indian chocolate and chocolatiers are true. Ignorant chocolatiers and ignorant customers, happy.
Cheers

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…