The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

What's the procedure for getting chocolates imported from other countries?

As I am new to the industry, I've minimal knowledge about getting chocolates imported from other countries.. the procedure involved.. what are the freight charges like.. and how difficult or easy is it to get the couvertures imported in India. Anyone here, who has imported bulk chocolates before or has any knowledge about it is kindly requested to share it here.

Regards,

Ritu

Views: 194

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not sure about the process, but you'll have to acquire an import license for sure. You can also search for trade directories.

Check with Chocolate World

Getting an import license in your name is an easy process, also the fees is less.

Check with the Indian Customs on rules, restrictions and fees applied to get Chocolate & Cocoa based products into India, also please share the incoming route, would it be coming via SEA or AIR, also the dispatch country, etc...

Good Luck :)

hi this is chef akhlesh  here  we have one supplier in mumbai itself  who sell different chocolate depending upon their cocoa %they have volrohana, callebaut, morde ,and lot more

hey chef akhlesh, 

can you please share the details of the supplier since there is quite a shortage of couveture chocolate here in Delhi, and Mumbai is the port where it all lands. Thanks in advance. :)

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.