The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I am just wondering if you want to make your own artisan chocolates, what equipments you need? And how much do you need to invest?

Thanks.

Views: 1018

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, Dieter.

I am interested in the machines you posted and if there are some other equipment the owner may have.

Thank you

Have these machines been sold yet? I missed thi sdiscussion when it first came up!
Thanks for this great summary here and the costs are definitely right on. I would love to see this breakdown done for a "bean to bar" manufacturer on the artisan scale as well, say for processing 1 MT monthly of chocolate...Clay, anyone?
I would also be interested in "bean to bar" startup cost.
I'd be interested in pricing for both.

lemmy check with them and get an update.

I will come back once I got the feedbacks.

Were you able to determine a price on these? Thx

Dear fellow chocolatiers,

my ex business partners came finally back to me with a NO :-( saying they prefer to hold -on to the machines.

'Anyway, I have purchased the machine from a germany base company.Why don't you contact Mr. Michael Wolf ata href="http://www.wolf-machines.de%3e/">http://www.wolf-machines.de>; or <info@wolf-machines.de>, fully renovated I have paid something like Euro 18.000,- for the ball roaster and about Euro 22.000,- for the melangeur, also I had a conditioner for about Euro 20.000,-. Please let me know if this info helps and please do contact me if you need any further support. As for me, I am residing now in Singapore.

Ciao, Dieter

Hi Emay: It's not necessary to go all out and spend thousands of $ on machinery until you are proficient and ready to take the next step.

The original French truffle is a small round bit-size (not those round commercial ones you see in candy stores which are machine made). Many supposed "high end" chocolate shops produce tiny square pieces that don't give you the mouth feel nor the experience of biting into the ganache.

We roll our ganache into balls and enrobe by hand. I have a technique where you can dip 500+ in less than an hour.

I teach a 2 day class with no more than 2 students. You get hands on experience and get to see a small successful chocolate company that has been in business since I started in my New York City apt sized kitchen in 1984. Many students have gone on to open their own shops.

I have noticed that many people are selling their equipment after jumping on the bandwagon of chocolate making.  Success doesn't necessarily include spending large amounts of money on equipment.

Best,

Linda

www.sweetonvermont.com

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc