The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I'm looking for a replacement for my favorite dipping fork. It was purchased from Albert Uster long ago, but they don't seem to carry this fork any longer and I can't find it elsewhere. I've tried similar forks, but none balance quite the same way in my hand. The entire fork is just over 9 inches (23 cm) long and the plastic handle is about 4 inches (10 cm). I've attached a photo below. If you know where I can buy this -- or if you have one (or more) to sell -- please contact me. Thanks!

Views: 29

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Elena! I hate the feeling of not being able to find the right tool! I have had good luck with www.chefrubber.com and www.tomric.com I've had the same issue and finally found a tool I liked even more than my old one through Chef Rubber. Hope this helps!
Hi Elena;

I've tried many different forks, and everything I saw was poorly made. Everything I tried broke.

As a result, I designed my own and took the design to a metal fabricator who, using surgical stainless steel for the prongs, made some in a couple of hours.

They work fabulously, have made 10's of thousands of truffles, and have also stood up to the wear that "less than careful" staff have put them through (like trying to force the set chocolate off of them instead of rinsing in hot water, or handling them hard with a towel).

I wish I had one here in my office. I'd take a picture and post it.

Anyway, have some forks made for you. It will cost you more up front, but you'll be very thankful you did in the long run.

Brad.
Hi, Brad.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking I'd have to go that direction sooner or later. The one fork I mention is the only one that's ever really worked well; and even then, I had to rebalance and reattach the handle shortly after getting it. I've already made my own caramel cutters, so why not dipping forks, eh?

-Elena
I know this is an old post... but just in case .... try JBPrince.com in NYC. They have a lot of confectionery equipment.
I have never used a dipping fork they are very time consuming. Have you thought about hand dipping?
Apart from my business, I also run a small chocolate school. On Fridays and Saturdays. I am located in beautiful Burlington Vermont.

Best,

Linda

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.