The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hello!

I make gourmet toffee and slather it with Belgian chocolate. I originally started with a little Revolation 1 and although I found it always took longer than the website said it would to temper the chocolate, it always turned out beautifully. As my business grew I purchased the larger X3210. The first thing I noticed is that it beeps for the seed chocolate to be added in about 5 minutes, well before my 7 pounds of chocolate are done melting. The second thing is it takes closer to an hour and 15 minutes to temper the whole batch, and the third thing is that I have to put the trays of toffee in the refrigerate to harden after tempering otherwise there is a chance that the chocolate will bloom, especially trays that have are towards the end of the batch. This happens even if I put it on temper 2 mode. Also, the tempered chocolate, which is spread pretty thin, takes about 15 minutes to set and harden, which is a LOT longer than it used to in the beginning.

I am using the same kind of chocolate as I did in the beginning, and the humidity of the environment is between 45-50%, with temperature (now, during the summer) about 72 degrees.

I can't figure out what is happening, whether my machines need to be serviced (seems unlikely I'd be having the same problem with two different machines). I have been extremely careful for any contamination that might be getting in the machine. Is there something in the environment that could be causing the problem or do I need to adjust temperature somehow?

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Also, I've noticed that if I refrigerate the toffee until thoroughly cold and THEN apply the chocolate it has a tendency to crack and pop off--any idea why? Looking forward to all feedback.

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,
I am sure your machine is giving you a problem. Go to the chocovision website and
click on my photo and send me your phone number.... I will call you in the morning.

joe crevino

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…