The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

Hi all,

Today was my first day in my shop kitchen and everything went well with my JKV 60(purchased used and was a bit nervous) but I have two questions for any users of this machine or a similar one:

1) At the end of the day...do you do a full clean down(emptying the machine)? Do you take the wheel off and clean every evening or just scrape it down? I also had a bit of trouble getting the mold spout clean. Obviously I could have just put it under the faucet and washed it but I would have experienced a lot of chocolate waste. It did seem to get quite a bit of buildup behind the wheel as well. Does anyone have a cover that goes over the whole machine...not just the chocolate basin? Any tips/suggestions for dealing with this machine would be appreciated.

It did a great job and I went through about 25lbs of chocolate with no issues. Was a great step up from the 9 months of hand tempering I have been doing(props to those who have been hand tempering for years) and the short period of time I had with my ACMC machine(its now in my 2nd kitchen.)

2) I notice that when I set the temperature of the machine with the red "hand", the actual temperature with the black "hand" seems to be several degrees higher. I monitored it with my own thermometer but was wondering if this was a common aspect of the machine that I need to adjust for or if I should look into replacing the thermometer. 

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Jody

Views: 152

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jody,

I would say don't wash the machine down everyday  - just scrape the wheel clean as best as you can at the end of the day and put the cover over the tank.

Clean the machine properly maybe once a month, or when you change over chocolates.

re. the second question I have not worked with this particular machine - sorry I can't help.

Thanks

Al

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge