The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

I need some info on What are some names of Higher Chocolate Bar Brands , such as Cadbury,Nestle ect.. as my profiles in chocolate has started to be a sucess and a client wants to sample a few before we do a custome order for them.

I lave located major distributes in Dallas such as the Johnson Brothers Bakery Suppy who buy in wollsale bulk , I am currently using Merckens and Guittard and but thought you might tell me more?

Thanks,
Megan Hardgrave

Views: 430

Replies to This Discussion

>> Just to clarify, this is a request for information about bulk couverture.

It would helpful, Megan, if you could let everyone know if you have a price range you are looking into. I could mention Cluizel and Valrhona and the Felchlin Grand Cru line - but they might be out of your price range (or your customers' price range).

Some companies (like Barry-Callebaut and Felchlin) have chocolates in several different price ranges and so offer options that would be suitable for clients looking at several different costs. The Felchlin US distributor is Swiss Chalet Fine Foods (www.scff.com) and you can get from them the name of someone local to help with getting samples. You can get the name of a local distributor from the Callebaut web site.

Also - there's nothing wrong with the Guittard brand. Many well-known and highly-respected chocolatiers use Guittard as their base couverture. You can upgrade within the Guittard line to their "E Guittard" products, many of which are very good. Also, you might consider doing some blending. If you think the 38% milk is a little light, add some Oban (their bulk unsweetened) or some other unsweetened chocolate to make it more robust. You could also do this with one of the dark chocolates. I know several chocolatiers who make custom blends from a selection of Guittard chocolates (sorry, can't tell you which chocolates are being blended).

:: Clay

Hi Megan,
Try Grenada, Escazu, Mast Brothers, Black Mountain Chocolate. What are you doing? These makers provide fine chocolate but may not have the bulk pricing that is equitable for you.
Cheers,
Paul
Dear Paul,

Thank you for the name of the chocolate bars . What my business Collectible Profiles,Inc. does is We have been in business for a few years, but we are a small company just recently had success with our chocolate line called "Profiles in Chocolate". We offer a highly customized chocolate Profile as everything is hand done say from clients original artwork then hand carving our molds through to finished product.

About Collectible Profiles - Passion and Perseverance to Promote Lincoln’s Legacy Leads to a Brand

Today she wore her product into the post office. “Where did you get that T-shirt? Isn’t that Abraham Lincoln…?” “Yes, this is my business.”Megan’s T-shirts pull Lincoln out of the history books and make him personal for today’s generation. People are drawn to his golden-inked profile leaping off the classy black shirt with his distinctive “A Lincoln” signature on the back. And so the shirt stimulates conversation about Lincoln – and fulfills Megan’s mission. Her sense of purpose to share Lincoln’s legacy is strong. By age 10 she considered him to be a special man, even for today’s world. At age 15 she wrote a novella about a teenager caught up with John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln’s assassin, so that young adults would find Lincoln’s story come alive! She planned to work as a tour guide at the Lincoln Home in Springfield, IL and attended college with this in mind. She had an artist develop a historically accurate 3-D profile of Lincoln based on an 1864 photograph. Today, Collectible Profiles has several products –A Solid Bronze A. Lincoln Profile Paperweights, Abraham Lincoln/John F. Kennedy Profile T-shirts for men and women, A. Lincoln Postcards, A. Lincoln/Kennedy writing pens, as well as a line of Profile Chocolates called “Profiles in Chocolate” ™. About our unique Chocolates line:

Collectible Profiles, Inc has developed “Profiles in Chocolate” for Presidents John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln and introducing the addition of George W. Bush Profile to surprise and delight your customers. Our beautifully detailed candy molds produce a chocolate 3-D sculpture of John F. Kennedy Profile or Abraham Lincoln Profile (hair, cheekbones, beard, ECT) in a finely detailed 3-D dimensional chocolate image.

The historical accuracy ,and beautifully detailed artwork ,and the concept of the Lincoln Profile in Chocolate ™ have been personally and enthusiastically approved by the leading Lincoln Historians: Harold Holzer—Co chairman of the U.S. Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission & Hon. Frank J. Williams—Former Rhode Island Supreme Court Chief Justice and member of U.S. Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission. Also, Eileen McCormack of Dupree Catering of Lexington, KY said “These Chocolate Lincoln Profiles are fantastic, highly detailed and beautifully done”

I can't give any more info on our pricing range except to say that the bulk cost needs to be under $100.

If you want to contact us further you can e-mail chocolate@fastdrop.com or write the address below

Megan Hardgrave,President
Collectible Profiles,Inc.
1846 Rosemeade Pkwy,#297
Carrollton,TX 75007

Thanks
Megan
Megan:

I have to say that I am completely confused by what you wrote. Let's forget (for a moment) about the unique aspects of the business and the molds and concentrate on just the chocolate. When you say that the chocolate, in bulk, needs to cost $100, what does that mean?

$100 has to buy how much chocolate?

1 pound? 10 pounds? 100 hundred pounds? Chocolate for 500 molds (if so, how much chocolate is in a mold)?

Dear Clay,

Sorry for the confussion, I meant that the total cost per Pound did need to be under $100 , so If the wholesale bulk price was say $53.00 for 25-50 lbs of Guittard lets say then that would work.

We are doing molds that are 1 oz appox. so then we can figure out how many pieces I will get out of 25-50 lbs box.

thanks for the help
Megan
Megan:

If your budget is $100/lb for chocolate you can afford the world's best brand names. I don't know of any couverture chocolate - even the most expensive boutique brand - that cannot be had for $100/lb.

If each mold is 1 oz, there are roughly 16 (but let's say 15 for wastage) in a pound. If the chocolate cost $15/lb (and that's all but a few couvertures), the chocolate cost per mold would be $1.

Brand names? Felchin, Cluizel, Valrhona, Callebaut, Pralus, Amedei, Domori.

As these are American profiles, why not use American-made chocolate? The entire E Guittard line (including the Hawaiian, Peru, and more) is in this price range. Askinosie, Amano, Theo ...
SOLD!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…