The Chocolate Life

Discover Chocolate and Live La Vida Cocoa!

hi all,

I have absolutely no experience in chocolate tasting events, but I'm planning to launch that idea in my area as a side project business for me, focused on single origin cacao bars. In order to get a good view on planning & organizing such an event, I registered to my first chocolate tasting event in London hosted by the people from SeventyPercent.com.

It seems though that there are many people here on TheChocolateLife who already setup and/or joined such chocolate tastings (and yes I've read Clay's book too :-)), so I'm looking forward to hear from all your best practices and tips!

Amount of people, drinks, pairings, supplied materials, should they all taste at the same pace the same bars, or just let them go at their own, do newbies need a lot of introduction,.... etc.
All you experienced info to boost the fun is really welcome and could only help me and all others reading along.

looking forward to all of your shared stories!
Evert-Jan / Choqoa

Tags: chocolate, events, pairing, tasting, tips

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Jan - if you are going to be in London during Chocolate Week (Oct 10-12) I am going to be there and would love to meet up.
Hi Clay, well that would be very nice!

I'll have to check in my agenda's first though and see if I can come over to London with the Eurostar that weekend. I'll surely let you know asap.
Friday 16th I'll be at the Salon du Chocolat in Paris, I noticed some posts on the site here on both events. Will you be in Paris too?

Looking fwd to meet you
Evert-Jan (that's actually my full first name ;-)
I will be in Paris the 13th-17th, when I will be heading to Perugia. So if not London, then Paris.
Perfect. Seems you'll be having a great week here in Europe :)
So let's meet Friday 16th at the Salon du Chocolat in Paris. We'll mail for details later on

thx for suggesting to meet, appreciated!

RSS

Member Marketplace

Promote TheChocolateLife

Bookmark and Share

Follow Clay on:
Twitter :: @DiscoverChoc
F'Book :: TheChocolateLife
F'Book Group :: LaVidaCocoa
Paper.li :: @DiscoverChoc

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Clay Gordon.